BMCH was founded in 2019 by a group of parents who joined together to ensure that children in the Prince George’s County community have access to a high-quality, affordable, and results-oriented Montessori education.
A commitment to children and their education is our driving force. All children need and crave the opportunity to learn and demonstrate what they know. We strive to ensure that we afford all children that opportunity.
Families are key to our community! BMCH is a parent-led co-operative.
The parent community:
All parents are required to:
- Support and understand the Montessori philosophy
- Register the child as a homeschool student in Prince George’s County, MD – and supervise instruction of the child to ensure thorough regular instruction in the State of Maryland required subjects
- Keep current with all communications from BMCH
- Establish a good working relationship with the child’s instructors
- Attend parent meetings and conferences with instructors
- Meet financial obligations, including supplying periodic designated snacks
- Meet all financial obligations in a timely manner
The education of the student is partnership between the parents and BMCH!
Our Board of Directors is elected by parent co-op community each summer, and manages the “business” of the co-op. This includes the strategic visioning, and decisions about staffing, curriculum, funding, and more. The officers of the Board include:
- Jo Anna Capp
- Samba Wurie
- Chris Capp
- Kevin Drummond
- Kristin Wurie, Staff Liaison
Committees keep the co-op running and include Governance, Marketing, Fundraising, Curriculum, Special Events and more. Details coming soon…
MORE INFO COMING SOON!
We are here to support you
as a partner on the challenging but valuable and rewarding journey of homeschooling. Please let us know if you are interested in learning more about joining our community!